Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Signs of the Times...

Seeing as how I am using all of my available words to wrap up a somewhat overdue book, I thought I'd bring you a little photo essay on one of my perennial favorites, Chinese signage.

As always, click to embiggen...

First up: Police.

For an authoritarian state, China sure has some interesting depictions of police officers...






To protect and to serve?

Apparently, a police supermarket

And at times the public safety messages can be a tad confusing…

"Do not panic and run in wrong way!"



Toilets deserve their own special category…




As do trash cans…



Here are a few interesting housing options…



Then there are things for which I have no explanation.

"Clown Fresh Flowers"?

I might worry about eating here... 

"The tongue explodes the chicken cube"

I'm happy they are jolly

Finally, realize that tourism and sight-seeing can be a serious business….

"Don't go barebacked in public places!"

Lisa…every other Wednesday...

2 comments:

  1. Uhh, I hesitate to say this, Lisa, but only momentarily as I can't pass it up: Did you happen to mistakenly mix up the captions on the last two photos? Sorry, but my mind and body are now on Mykonos. :))

    ReplyDelete